Brown soda bread
Leftover meat jelly
- Have a lovely roast dinner.
- Having collected the leftover roasting juices of your dinner leave them in a bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning you will see that they have separated into a fatty top layer and jelly bottom layer. Scrape off the fat layer and bin it (or keep it for making roast potatoes!).
- Slice up your soda bread, not too thick, not too thin.
- Put a frying pan over a med-high heat.
- Put a large tbsp (or 2!) of your meat jelly onto a slice of soda bread and place in the frying pan. Rub the bread around in the liquid the jelly turns into, flip it over a few times, and generally allow it to soak up all those yummy meat juices and get crispy on the outside.
- Eat. You will be astonished at how good it is. No, it's not healthy but hey, we all need treats and pick-me-up's sometimes! :-)